Wednesday 22 July 2015

Liverpool has completed the signing of Aston Villa Striker Christian Benteke

Benteke, 24, has agreed a long-term
contract at Anfield and becomes their
second most expensive signing.
The Reds triggered a release clause in
his contract to make him their
seventh summer signing after selling
Raheem Sterling to Manchester City
for £49m.
Belgium international Benteke scored
49 goals in 101 games for Villa after
signing from Genk for £7m in 2012.
He told the Liverpol website: "I'm very
happy to be here. I came here to win
trophies. I came here to reach some
great goals with the team.
"It was the right club for me because I
had a good chat with the manager and
I wanted to be part of his project."
Liverpool struggled for goals last
season following the £75m sale of Luis
Suarez to Barcelona and prolonged
injury absences for England
international Daniel Sturridge as they
finished fifth in the Premier League.



-BBC SPORT

No comments:

Post a Comment