Sunday 19 July 2015

Oscar says he has no interest in joining Juventus.

015
Oscar has insisted he has no interest
in joining Juventus and has
committed his long-term future to
Chelsea.
Juventus had hoped to sign the Brazil
international this summer and install
him as their new no10.
Oscar suffered a dip in form in the
second half of the last campaign, but
still has the full support of manager
Jose Mourinho.

And when asked by Standard Sport if
he had considered a move to the
Serie A champions, Oscar said: "No. I
know there has been a lot of talk
about Juventus, but I am very, very
happy at Chelsea.
"Last year I signed a new contract
and I want to stay a long time at
Chelsea. I have never been unsettled
by what was being said."
The Brazil international missed
Chelsea’s final run-in with a thigh
injury, and the setback cost him a
place at Copa America squad.
Now fully recovered, he plans to
make the most of pre-season ahead
of the new Premier League campaign.
“I missed the end of last season but
now I am over the injury and back to
full fitness,” he continued. “I have
been able to make the start of pre-
season and am here to prepare for
the season. I haven't been able to do
have a pre-season for the past five
years because I have had to play so
many games in the summer, so this
pre-season for me is very important.
“Most players don't like to get
injured, but it did force me to have a
rest,” he added. “This is important
and now I have no injury and will be
fresh for the season.
“It meant I had to miss the Copa
America, but sometimes this happens
in football and now I am feeling
fresh.”


-London Evening Standard

No comments:

Post a Comment